Brownies with Peanut Butter Frosting
Recipe by Joshua Levesque, Certified Trainer
This recipe can be done vegan, paleo, and keto friendly!
- 8 oz of¬†chocolate¬†chips¬†(I use Lilly's sweetened with stevia)
- 1 cup of unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract¬†
- pinch of salt¬†
- 1/2 cup of oat flour or coconut flour
- 1 scoop de-fatted peanut butter powder¬†
- 1 scoop of favorite¬†chocolate¬†protein powder
- Milk or milk alternative
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt¬†chocolate¬†chips¬†in microwave in 15 second intervals staring often.
- Add all ingredients wet and dry to a blender or food processor and blend on medium speed until¬†mixed. You may mix by hand as well.
- Grease a medium size baking pan with your favorite healthy cooking spray.¬†
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes.¬†
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes.
After cooled add optional frosting:¬†
- For frosting mix, add one scoop of your favorite¬†chocolate¬†protein powder and one scoop of peanut butter powder.¬†
- Mix the dried ingredients and slowly add milk or milk alternative stir frequently until desired consistency is achieved.¬†
For more¬†from Certified Trainer,¬†Joshua check out his Instagram,¬†https://www.instagram.com/jlevesquecscs/
About HYLETE Educational Content :
The HYLETE Community includes tens of thousands of certified trainers who encourage the health and well-being of others. We have teamed up with these experts in their field to share knowledge and advice, previously only available to their clients and patients. This Educational Content allows certified trainers to share their authentic perspective, in their own words, with the entire HYLETE Community. The views, information, methods, and opinions expressed in these blog posts belong solely to the respective authors, and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of HYLETE.
Are you a certified trainer who would like to share knowledge with the entire HYLETE Community? Click here to learn more about how you can contribute your expert voice.