Carrot Cake Bliss Waffles
Recipe by Jason Sani, Certified Trainer
This recipe can be made into pancakes or waffles.¬†Another example of using protein¬†as a functional ingredient.
Food prep friendly treat that can work as a pancake as well. This tasty meal packs gluten-free fiber, 35 grams of protein and sustained delicious energy that I sure to satisfy.
Share with¬†someone that should make this for you. 1 serving (2 medium waffles)
- 1/3 cup coconut or almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 Cup oats gluten-free*
- 1/2 cup carrots, baby or chopped
- 1/4 Cup Plant protein (Golden ratio)
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp Monk fruit, darker/golden version
- 1 tbsp¬†almond (or nut butter)¬†
- 1 date, pitted (optional but helps sweetness)
- In a blender, Mix all ingredients into pur√©e.
- If it appears to be too much of a liquid consistency, add additional dry ingredients starting with oats.¬†If too thick, add milk slowly.¬†
- Cook for 3-4 minutes and top with nut butter and or low sugar syrup.
For more¬†from¬†Culinary Nutritionist,¬†Jason check out his¬†website,¬†www.activemb.com.
About HYLETE Educational Content :
The HYLETE Community includes tens of thousands of certified trainers who encourage the health and well-being of others. We have teamed up with these experts in their field to share knowledge and advice, previously only available to their clients and patients. This Educational Content allows certified trainers to share their authentic perspective, in their own words, with the entire HYLETE Community. The views, information, methods, and opinions expressed in these blog posts belong solely to the respective authors, and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of HYLETE.
Are you a certified trainer who would like to share knowledge with the entire HYLETE Community? Click here to learn more about how you can contribute your expert voice.