By Nicole Zapoli, HYLETE in-house certified trainer
Begin in a supine position on the floor. Bend your legs and place your feet flat on the ground about hip distance apart. Bring your hands flat to the floor on either side of your body. Begin by extending one leg off the floor keeping your knees in line with each other. Elevate your hips by driving through the heel of your working leg and engage your glutes. Aim to form a straight line from your knee to your hip to your shoulder at the top of your glute bridge before returning back to the floor.
Points of Performance (POPs):
- Begin in a supine position on the floor
- Bend your legs and place your feet flat to the floor about hip distance apart
- Bring your hands flat to the floor on either side of your body
- Extend one leg off the floor
- Keep your knees in line with each other
- Elevate your hips by driving through the heel of your working leg to engage your glutes
- Aim to form a straight line from your knee to your hip to your shoulder at the top before returning back to the floor
Bonus tip: Focus on driving through your heel to engage your glutes and open your hips fully at the top to get the most benefit out of this movement.
About HYLETE Educational Content :
The HYLETE Community includes tens of thousands of certified trainers who encourage the health and well-being of others. We have teamed up with these experts in their field to share knowledge and advice, previously only available to their clients and patients. This Educational Content allows certified trainers to share their authentic perspective, in their own words, with the entire HYLETE Community. The views, information, methods, and opinions expressed in these blog posts belong solely to the respective authors, and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of HYLETE.
Are you a certified trainer who would like to share knowledge with the entire HYLETE Community? Click here to learn more about how you can contribute your expert voice.